Sunday, October 11, 2009

Good Ol' Vermont

TractorParade_LA_019
The lineup of tractors before they started the parade

I was informed that the 11th Annual Charlotte Tractor Parade was happening about two miles down the road from where I live in Vermont.... yeah, a tractor parade. This was something I could not miss. I didn't expect it too be a big ordeal, I thought it would be a few tractors going down the road with some of the people in town coming to check it out. Well I was very wrong, apparently tractors are a big deal in this neck of the woods. A rather large crowd gathered for the event. There was face painting, a petting zoo, apple cider, and of course tractors... lots of tractors. The procession went for about a quarter-mile but lasted quite a while, tractors don't move very fast. Things like this make me realize how awesome Vermont really is.

TractorParade_LA_026_2
This guy was probably my favorite

TractorParade_LA_028_2


TractorParade_LA_029
The band in the parade marched right up to these people and gave them their own little show

TractorParade_LA_034


TractorParade_LA_040


TractorParade_LA_046_2
Smokin his pipe

TractorParade_LA_063_3


TractorParade_LA_062_2
This dog wouldn't stop looking at me

TractorParade_LA_069
So I was trying to be sneaky and take their picture, but when I went back through my photos I realized that pretty much all of them were looking directly at me. So much for being sneaky.

TractorParade_LA_077_2


TractorParade_LA_080

I had a hard time narrowing down my favorties.... there are a bunch more on here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home